Cara started her coaching career in 2010 with youth group and individual tennis programs in NJ and NC then transitioned into personal training and teaching spinning classes at local WV gyms two years later. After finishing collegiate athletics and graduate school, Cara joined her first CrossFit gym, Ronin Fitness, in 2016 and was instantly attracted to the community-centered comradery and weight lifting.
Cara moved to Cleveland and joined CF CLE/ CLE Barbell Club for a few short months before accepting a job back in WV for a year. The relationships made at CF CLE and CLE Barbell Club made it an easy choice to return to Cleveland in 2017 and resume where she left off. In 2018, Cara joined the coaching staff at CrossFit CLE and continues to enjoy helping others find fulfillment through movement and fitness. Cara also co-owns and operates the PHYT for Function CLE and Fairview Park locations (PHYTforFunction.com.) In her free time, Cara races gravel bikes as part of the J Mac Cycling Team, as well as enjoys horseback riding and hiking with her 2 dogs, Tbone and Isabel.
- Bachelors in Human Performance and Health, West Virginia University
- Masters of Occupational Therapy, West Virginia University
- CrossFit L1
- Adaptive Training
- Precision Nutrition
- IDN Dry Needling
- IDN NeuroRelease Technique
- Nonoperative Shoulder Management
- 2013 ACCC Individual Collegiate Road Cycling Conference Champion
- 2014 WV State Criterium Cycling Champion
- 2014 5th place, IHSA Nationals in Western Horsemanship
- 2016 IHSA Regional Grand Champion in Western Horsemanship
- 1st Tandem to complete the Psycho Killer 100 miler in Michigan with Coach Phil